Ahead of his bout against Bart Palaszewski at “The Ultimate Fighter 17” Finale, Cole Miller visualized defeat.

Then he submitted Palaszewski with a rear-naked choke 4:23 into the first round.

Coming off the win, he joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show to discuss his strategy and more.

On his game plan against Palaszewski: “The big thing was not to get knocked out. Other than that, I didn’t really have one. I was just thinking score some punches, and if he takes me down, get to work. Then if a takedown opportunity presents itself, then put him on the floor and do the same.”

On what he expected from Palaszewski: “I thought that he was going to do pretty much what he did: sit back for a little bit. He’s got really, really good eyes. Being the striker that he is, he sits back and he watches his opponents really well, which is what kind of makes him -- I don’t want to call him a slow starter, but he’s a patient fighter. He doesn’t really get going until the second and the third rounds because he pays attention to the movements, every little thing that his opponents are doing to him. I wanted to keep him guessing, throwing punches and kicks and feints and things like that, to make it to where he wouldn’t really catch on so much.”

On struggling through his training camp for the fight: “It was super hard. I missed pretty much half my camp. I had some little sidelining injuries that kept me out at the beginning of the camp, some training partners trying to pretty much hurt me. I was sick. I got the flu like everybody else in the country. I missed two and a half weeks off of that, and then the week before I left for my fight, my grandma and grandpa came down to visit and he’s got Alzheimer’s and it’s really, really bad. He’s starting to get violent and things like that. It really took its toll mentally on me.”

On getting injured while training: “Nobody was trying to send me to the hospital, but I think that when you’re a professional and you’re fighting at the level that I’m fighting, I think that some of these guys get a little too excited and they’re going a little too hard.”

On whether he felt pressure entering the fight with back-to-back losses: “I felt some. I just tried to ignore it so that way I could fight my style of fight. I can’t sit there and think about that kind of stuff too, too much. There was pressure, but if you don’t accept that you’re already going to be facing defeat, then you’re not going to fight like you should be fighting.”

On accepting defeat: “That’s how I go into pretty much all my fights. To make sure I try to finish my opponents, I go in there with that mentality. [I] just picture myself losing in every way possible and getting humiliated in every way possible. That way, when I do that, I accept in my mind that outcome is going to happen, and then once I accept it, then I’m fine with it. Then I can just go out there and perform the way that I know how to and I can search for finishes constantly.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 55:16).

Eye-opening defeat forced Antonio Carlos Junior's move to middleweight

After winning “The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 3? as a heavyweight, Antonio Carlos Junior admitted he wasn’t meant for a career in the UFC’s heaviest weight class. But he quickly found out 205 pounds wa read news >>

Video: Dan Hardy, John Gooden offer in-depth analysis of UFC 188

Ahead of Saturday’s UFC 188 pay-per-view event in Mexico City, go inside the main card for an in-depth breakdown of the heavyweight title fight.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

TUF 21 results, recap (Ep. 8) for 'ATT vs. Blackzilians'

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 21 returns to FOX Sports 1 later tonight (Weds., June 10, 2015) at 10 p.m. ET, featuring episode eight of the combat sports reality show, pitting American Top Team (ATT) ag read news >>

UFC 188's Charles Rosa: Yair Rodriguez is fighting me 'too soon, too early' in career

Ahead of Saturday’s UFC 188 event, Charles Rosa praised UFC matchmaker Sean Shelby for giving him “the perfect matchup” and opponent: fellow featherweight prospect Yair Rodriguez Filed under: News, U read news >>

WSOF 21: Blagoi Ivanov def. Smealinho Rama video highlights

WSOF has a new heavyweight champion after Blagoi Ivanov used a third-round submission to defeat Smealinho Rama in Friday’s WSOF 21 co-headliner. Check out the video highlights.Filed under: News, Vide read news >>

KNOCKOUT! Tim Boetsch vs. Dan Henderson full fight videos preview UFC Fight Night 68

Ahead of their UFC Fight Night 68 middleweight main event on FOX Sports 1, which takes place this Saturday night (June 6, 2015) on FOX Sports 1, live from inside the Smoothie King Center in New Orlea read news >>

War Machine fails to get sexual assault, attempted murder and burglary charges dismissed

The Ultimate Fighter and Bellator veteran's legal team failed to get several charges dismissed and the former Jon Koppenhaver is headed to trial on September 16, accused of savagely attacking his ex- read news >>

'TUF 21: ATT vs. Blackzilians' blog: Michael Graves on episode No. 7

In his weekly blog for MMAjunkie, “The Ultimate Fighter 21? cast member and American Top Team representative Michael Graves discusses the season’s seventh episode.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Episode No. 7 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter 21: ATT vs. Blackzilians'

With the competition rapidly getting out of hand, American Top Team needed to find a way to counter the success of the Blackzilians on the newest episode of “The Ultimate Fighter.”Filed under: News, read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 21 live discussion: Episode 7

Tonight, we have you covered for live coverage of episode 7 of The Ultimate Fighter. TUF: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians airs tonight at 10 pm on Fox Sports 1. Join us here for live discussion. T read news >>