6827A smarter Brian Rogers enters his third Bellator middleweight tournament at Bellator 89 tonight from The Bojangles’ Coliseum in Charlotte, NC.

Having come up short twice before, Rogers left his full-time special needs teaching job to focus solely on his fighting career prior to his last fight.

Asked what he’s done to ensure a different outcome this tournament, Rogers said, “Leaving my day job and things like that, trying to be perfect in everything I do to prepare myself.  Smarter work, you know what I mean, and taking a look at some of my tendencies and correct things.

“I entered the Bellator tournament the first time with the least amount of experience or anybody and now I’ve had six Bellator fights.  It’s nice.  I’m becoming a Bellator veteran.  It feels good going into it and having the experience.  I’m hoping for a better outcome this tournament.”

Rogers takes on Dan Cramer (9-3), an American Top Team trained fighter who has seven fights under his belt in Bellator, but this is his first tournament.

“Most people know him from when he was on The Ultimate Fighter Season 7.  He had a tough time in the UFC.  He went 1-1 or 2-1.  I haven’t really studied those fights because he’s had five or six fights in Bellator, so that’s what I’ve more paid attention to,” said Rogers about his opponent.

“He’s a guy that likes to brawl.  He’s going to try to use his wrestling and clinch work.  He usually out-grinds people and goes to a decision by just putting them on their back and grinding them.  That’s what he’s going to try to do, and I’m going to do my best to make that not happen.”

Rogers is primarily a striker, coming from a karate background, but is prepared if the fight goes to the ground.

“I don’t plan on him putting me on my back.  If he does, I plan on getting right back up.  Closed guard and open guard submissions are rare,” said Rogers.  “I could very well end up on top.  I’m going to let my hands go on top and if a submission is there, I’m going grip it.”

Asked if he had a prediction about his upcoming fight with Cramer, Rogers said, “We’ll see what happens.  I’m not going to predict a knockout, but if I’m doing the right things, that’s what’s going to happen.”

(Photo courtesy of Bellator MMA)

World Series of Fighting enters Fedor Emelianenko sweepstakes: 'We can afford Fedor'

The UFC and Bellator are not the only United States MMA promotions making a run at Fedor Emelianenko. World Series of Fighting has thrown its hat in the ring as well. WSOF executive vice president Al read news >>

Bellator 140 results: Live streaming play-by-play updates for 'Lima vs Koreshkov' online

Bellator 140: "Lima vs Koreshkov" takes place TONIGHT (Fri., July 17, 2015) from Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn., featuring a much anticipated Welterweight fight between division champion Doug read news >>

Ahead of debut Bellator broadcast, Sean Grande has a message for potential critics

Sean Grande makes his debut in the Bellator broadcast booth tonight with Bellator 139. The veteran broadcaster has penned a column for MMAjunkie discussing his transition and what MMA fans can expect read news >>

Bellator 140: Lima vs. Koreshkov live results, streaming video, and discussion

This is the place to talk about Bellator 140 tonight from the Mohegan Sun, featuring a welterweight title fight on top. Bellator 140 goes down tonight in the Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, CT. Tonight's read news >>

Bellator 140 live results

Bellator returns tonight with Bellator 140, featuring a welterweight title fight in the main event. Get live results inside. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator champ Pitbull: I'd beat Jose Aldo, Analyze our skills, not where we're fighting

The best featherweight outside the UFC is confident in beating the world's top fighters of his weight class. Conor McGregor is obviously not the only top-featherweight that is firing shots in the dir read news >>

Welcome to the UFC, Dominic Waters

A welterweight newcomer enters the Octagon on short notice following Marcio Alexandre Jr.'s short notice withdrawal from the TUF 21 Finale. If ever a division can't seem to stop growing, it's welterw read news >>

You serious? Bellator's Patricio 'Pitbull' Freire 'positive' he can beat UFC's Jose Aldo

Just like Conor McGregor, though, he won't be getting that chance any time soon ... albeit for different reasons. Jose Aldo has no shortage of people who want to beat him up. It's hardly surprising g read news >>

Reminder: 'Countdown to UFC 189: Mendes vs. McGregor' debuts tonight

We’re now in the homestretch for Saturday’s big pay-per-view event, and we can preview it tonight with the debut of “Countdown to UFC 189.”Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Bellator champ Patricio Freire ‘positive’ he’d beat Jose Aldo: ‘No one can break me’

Patricio Freire successfully defended his Bellator featherweight title with a second-round finish over Daniel Weichel last Friday at Bellator 138, and being able to coming back from a tough first rou read news >>