Rolles Gracie at UFC 109It’s been nearly three years since Rolles Gracie had his one and only fight in the UFC, but the learning experience is something he’s carried with him ever since.

Stepping in as an undefeated 3-0 prospect, Gracie had a lot of pressure on day one in the UFC because his famous last name doesn’t lend him any grace period or warm up fights.

Things didn’t go his way because Gracie soon found himself on the outside looking in after being finished by TKO, losing to Joey Beltran in his only fight in the Octagon.

Now with five more fights under his belt and a load of training and experience to boot, Gracie has re-invented himself with a striking game, improved cardio and still the jiu-jitsu you’d expect with a last name like his.

“Every time I get more confident. For the past two fights, I walked in with the mentality that maybe I’ll stand for the whole fight. I’m getting more confident with my stand-up skills because of the team and the coaches we have,” said Gracie when speaking with MMAWeekly.com.

Surrounded by the team at Renzo Gracie’s gym in New York as well as coaches like Mark Henry, Gracie has become a whole new animal over the last couple of years, and following three wins in 2012, his phone has been busy with offers for the new year.

“Within a few hours from the fight, I already had like three offers to fight again. I’m weighing my options, I’m still under contract with ONE FC, I have a couple of places I could go, I’m still under contract here in the U.S. with World Series of Fighting, so I have some options to see what’s best for my career in 2013,” said Gracie.

“We all know that the best heavyweights are in the UFC. That’s a thing I was talking about with Ali (Abdel-Aziz) my manager about, let’s see what’s out there, what doors are open. I still want to test myself against the best.”

The UFC will always be a sticking point for Gracie because he didn’t get to show his best that night in 2010. He wasn’t ready for that moment and Gracie readily admits it, but he’s starting to reach the level now where he could face the best heavyweights in the world.

It’s not the same fighter that fought Joey Beltran at UFC 109, and Gracie hopes to one day prove that to everybody on the biggest stage possible.

“I still need to prove it, not only to myself, because I know that loss it was just an accident on the way to my career. I know if I fought Joey (Beltran) again, I’d beat him, I know if I fought him again 10 times, I’d beat him 10 times,” Gracie stated.

“I need prove that I belong among the best and that I can compete against the best.”

UFC 189 Video: Dustin Poirier advises Chad Mendes on how to fight Conor McGregor

Dustin Poirier lost to Conor McGregor a year ago. Now he has some serious advice for Chad Mendes. read news >>

Lawler vs. MacDonald 2: Odds, Comments and Predictions for UFC 189

Lost in all the buzz surrounding UFC 189's main event between Conor McGregor and Chad Mendes is an epic co-main event between Rory MacDonald and Robbie Lawler. Usually the term co-main event is a bit read news >>

UFC 189: Mendes vs. McGregor Fight Card, TV Info, Predictions and More

The main event at UFC 189 lost one of its stars, but the replacement could provide an even better bout. A rib injury forced Jose Aldo out of his grudge match with "The Notorious" Conor McGregor. Chad read news >>

Claudia Gadelha teases Jedrzejczyk on Twitter: 'You know you lost to me'

Claudia Gadelha fires at Joanna Jedrzejczyk on Twitter ahead of her number one contender match against Jessica Agular at UFC 190. Strawweight contender Claudia Gadelha, has a very decisive bout comin read news >>

UFC 189: Who's on the Hot Seat in Las Vegas This Weekend?

Although UFC 189 lost Jose Aldo, it remains an outstanding event that is filled with big names. Some of those noteworthy individuals will be competing for UFC gold. With Aldo out, Conor McGregor will read news >>

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Tyson Fury set for October 24th in German soccer stadium

Wladimir Klitschko hasn't lost in 11 years, but is England's Tyson Fury the man to dethrone the heavyweight king? We'll find out this October. Wladimir Klitschko (64-3, 53 KOs) has nearly every major read news >>

Despite loss of Aldo vs McGregor, Dana White expects record-setting $7M gate for UFC 189

UFC 189 might have lost it's big headliner, but will still be the most profitable live event on US soil in promotion history, according to the UFC president. When it comes to promoting and marketing read news >>

WSOF 22 loses flyweight title fight, adds Jimmy Spicuzza vs. Islam Mamedov

Next month’s WSOF 22 event has lost a title fight and gained a new main-card bout.Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, WSOF read news >>

Morning Report: Chris Weidman believes title bout with Luke Rockhold may be off

The UFC has already lost an All-American showdown for its doomed New York debut, but now middleweight champion Chris Weidman sounds doubtful for the matchup. Weidman was penciled in to face No. 1 con read news >>

UFC Fight Night 70 Fighter Salaries: Lyoto Machida Tops the List

Lyoto Machida lost his UFC Fight Night 70 headlining bout to Yoel Romero on Saturday night, but he still came out on top of the disclosed fighter payroll. read news >>