Bibiano Fernandes may not be a member of the UFC roster, but that’s just fine by the former two-division Dream champion.

UFC officials erroneously announced Fernandes’ signing this summer, and the MMA media followed suit in reporting the 32-year-old’s apparent UFC 149 booking against Roland Delorme. The only problem was that Fernandes had not actually put pen to paper.

Instead, “The Flash” elected to sign with Singapore-based promotion One FC and is now poised to make his organizational debut against Australia’s Cage Fighting Championship bantamweight titlist Gustavo Falciroli in the main event of One FC 5 One FC 5 "Pride of a Nation." The event takes place Friday at the Smart Araneta Coliseum in Quezon City, Philippines, and streams live on pay-per-view.

“[Signing with One FC] was better for me and my family. Why would I go fight [in the] UFC for sh---y money? I have a family,” Fernandes recently told Sherdog.com “I believe One FC can be the best -- the No. 1 promotion in the world. One FC will be around for a long time for sure, depending on how everyone works together, and depending on me too.”

In Falciroli, Fernandes faces a dangerous but somewhat lower-profile fighter than many of the men he faced during nearly three years with Dream. According to Fernandes, his opponent’s potential drawing power is an aspect of the bout with which he does not concern himself, instead electing to focus his energy on the combat itself.

“[Name recognition] doesn't matter for me. He is good, and we will see what will happen,” Fernandes said. “There will be a lot of people there, but that does not bother me, because I always fought in front of a lot of people in Japan. I don’t think about how many people are watching, only about my opponent, and that's it. I want to feel him -- to see how strong he is, how quick he is, what he is doing, how he moves. After that, I can play my game.”

Though Fernandes is known as a potent grappler, so is his fellow expat countryman. Despite this, Fernandes believes his ground game will be the one that prevails when he locks horns with Falciroli in the evening’s headliner.

“I think my ground game for MMA is better than his, 100 percent. I think he will try to take me down and put me on my back,” said Fernandes. “He is going to punch, kick, try everything. This is MMA, and I was born for this stuff. I have three belts, and I understand the game more than other people.”

When Fernandes steps into the cage, it will mark the first time he has competed since knocking out Antonio Banuelos on New Year’s Eve to win Dream’s bantamweight strap. Though his clash with Falciroli will mark his first fight this year, Fernandes says the time spent away from the cage is simply a part of his routine.

“[Whether] I fight jiu-jitsu or MMA, I always take a break, because I like taking care of myself. The break has for sure helped me, because if you fight, fight, fight, you get a broken mind,” said Fernandes. “I like to clear my mind until I am ready to go again. I want to wait and listen to what my body says, and now I have no injuries. Now I feel good, and I want to fight now because my body wants to fight.”

Though Fernandes is fully aware of the substantial test that currently stands in front of him, the 32-year-old nonetheless will welcome an opportunity to compete for the One FC bantamweight crown if and when it comes in the future.

“I am a fighter, and I love fighting,” said Fernandes. “If One FC wants me to fight for the belt in October, I will do it. I am a born warrior, and I like to go to war.”

Jon Jones Comments on Daniel Cormier, Ovince Saint Preux Ahead of UFC 197 Fight

UFC star Jon Jones thinks that if he were to lose to Ovince Saint Preux at UFC 197, it would be the "greatest day" of Daniel Cormier's life. Saint Preux is set to take on Jones for the interim light read news >>

Conor McGregor Comments on 3-Year UFC Anniversary Ahead of Nate Diaz Rematch

Wednesday marked the three-year anniversary of Conor McGregor's induction into the ranks of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, and The Notorious made sure to remind his peers of the date prior to hi read news >>

Conor McGregor Comments on 3-Year UFC Anniversary Ahead of Nate Diaz Rematch

Jon Jones Comments on Daniel Cormier, Ovince Saint Preux Ahead of UFC 197 Fight

Video: UFC champ Luke Rockhold and Chris Weidman explain why they just can't get along

LOS ANGELES – Ahead of their rematch next month at UFC 199, middleweight champion Luke Rockhold and Chris Weidman met with the media and discussed why their rivalry has gotten so personal in recent w read news >>

UFC Fight Night 86's Lucas Martins has no reason for yearlong layoff

After starting 3-1 in his UFC career with a pair of bonus-winning knockouts, Brazil’s Lucas Martins was looking like one of the better lighter-weight prospects in the promotion. Then things started t read news >>

Miesha Tate Video: Dishing on Amanda Nunes Fight Ahead of Ronda Rousey or Holly Holm

Miesha Tate talks about facing Amanda Nunes, potential rematches with Holly Holm and Ronda Rousey, and what's on the horizon with Cris Cyborg. read news >>

Ahead of UFC Fight Night 86, Junior Dos Santos knows in his heart he'll be champ again

ZAGREB, Croatia – Junior Dos Santos has fallen on rough times in recent years. Following a 10-fight winning streak, the Brazilian lost his heavyweight title to Cain Velasquez at UFC 155 in December 2 read news >>

After a 17-month layoff, what can we expect with Cage Warriors' upcoming return?

Between 2010 and 2014, Graham Boylan helped Cage Warriors grow into one of the most well known MMA promotions in Europe. He’s now hoping to continue where he left off.Filed under: Cage Warriors, News read news >>

Nate Diaz Belittles Conor McGregor Before UFC 200 Rematch

Nate Diaz has ramped up the mind games ahead of his rematch with Conor McGregor at UFC 200, stating the Irishman shouldn't feel too bad when he loses for a second time. At UFC 196, Diaz sprung an ups read news >>